Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hannah's Holiday Wishlist Wednesday

So the holidays are coming! I'm looking forward for my semester to end so I can hang at one of the local coffee shops with Cecilio or make hot cocoa with him, and maybe we can watch the Nutcracker for the first time. We also plan to go to SF for another date. I look forward to gift giving and decorating our tree. This time we got a fake tree. All my life we've had a real one, and I LOVE the fresh smell. So sometimes Cecilio and I would playfully argue the battle between the fake vs. real tree and he prefers the fake because it's better for the environment. My sister Trixie got a fake one because it's more affordable, and my mom decided to get a fake one because yes it's cheaper and she didn't want to have to deal with watering it everyday. I also look forward to peppermint treats and songs.

I don't want to get too caught up in the material things, but I won't lie and say that I don't want anything...because I do. And our culture does pound that "buy buy buy" mentality in our heads. I could say each and every one of us have little pleasures that make us happy, am I correct? Here's the following things I've been hankering for:

MAC Tinted Lipglass in Russian Red: I tested this on Black Friday and Oh. My. Gosh. I was head over heels! I didn't get it though because I purchased the Captive and Girl About Town Lipsticks. I have the Russian Red lipstick which I love but I don't wear often. This would be more wearable on a casual day if I want to feel edgy. Most of the lip glasses are very sheer but not this one! And they are not as drying either!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I have the Naked 3 Palette but I have been eyeing this baby. But I was also torn between this and the LORAC Pro 1. So I asked around on makeupsocialapp and the makeup addiction on reddit. Most people on both places agreed that the LORAC was better because they have more mattes and because the pigment is richer. I was really impressed with the LORAC but I found the shades to be too similar to the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. So I swatched the UD Naked 2 at Sephora and yes, I found that I was still thinking about it. It's more taupe than the UD 1, and I think it would go well with my skin because I have a more neutral skin tone (it's said that UD 1 is better for warm tones and UD 2 is better for cool, but it doesn't matter, just get what you enjoy!)

Work For Money, Design for Love: This is a book by David Airey, a well-known graphic designer in Northern Ireland. He has written the book Logo Design Love and worked for clients such as CampusIT and Kairos. His blog offers insightful advice for professional designers and young budding students like me. Wether you want to go freelance or work for someone, he always has something sound today. And he is very encouraging too, not stuck up and high on himself despite his fame and talents. I even commented on his Facebook page and he said thank you to me! I just figure this book would be resourceful for me as I transition into the last semester of college and then on to the "real world" because sometimes I do think about freelancing.

I Heart Guts Kidney Plush: So I Heart Guts sells these ADORABLE organ plushes (such as the heart which I gave Cecilio for Valentine's Day last year), the brain, tooth, eye, uterus, liver, etc. any organ you can think of! For some reason the kidney plush has been sold out for a while. I'd like to have it as a reminder to not take so life seriously and take it one day at a time with my lupus nephritis.

When Urine Love T-shirt: Since the kidney plush is sold out, this would be a good alternative. It's a cute bright yellow t-shirt with 2 kidneys.

Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil: I've been looking into the Korean skincare routine which is pretty daunting because they use a 10-step regimen rather than the typical Western 3-step regimen. I won't have time on days I have to rush out the door on Mondays and Wednesdays! But it's something I could do on off days. I even ordered a BB cream, cleansing foam and essence from Missha. Korean women have amazing skin because of their regimen, because it's more preventive rather than reactive (like taking care of your skin before a wrinkle or pimple shows up). The first step is to use a cleansing oil to remove makeup and then use a cleansing foam.

Magnus PV-3310 Photo Tripod: I have a tripod for my camera, but I lost my base, whoops! I found this from BH Photo and it's only $15 yet there are decent reviews, such as it being sturdy. I'd like to use a tripod again to get back into photography, such as indoor shots where the lighting is bad and I tend to get camera shake or use a really high ISO. I also want to photograph myself in my outfits for this blog.

Vello Shutterboss Version II Timer Remote Switch: Again, this would be good to use with the tripod for photograph my outfits. This is compatible with my camera (Nikon D5000).

MAC Studio Fix Plus Foundation in C4: I've heard some ravings about this foundation, I've used the Benefit Hello Flawless! powder (but it crumbled in my purse in the Philippines) and the Too Faced powder foundation so I want to see how this compares.

Other than these things, I would really like my license back the absolute most. It's been an extremely difficult year having to have everyone take me places. And it's extremely humiliating for a 25 year old in America. I say in America because we are a car-heavy nation, and my mom didn't start learning to drive until after she gave birth to me when she was 31, because most people took the public transportation in the Philippines. I know she reminds me that I need to be grateful that her, my brother in law and Cecilio can take me around. Which I am but that doesn't make it any less difficult because I have been held back from so many job opportunities I could have applied to, and I can't get involved in SFA as much as I want to. Also, it's the little things I can't do that really grate me, such as go to the grocery store or to Starbucks, and ESPECIALLY to Kinko's (if I need to print out mockups of projects) or the art supply store. So yeah, I just hope and pray 2015 will be better in that respect and that I will have no seizures from then on. Please wish me luck and pray for me.

Love, 
Hannah

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar