Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LOTD: Floating Lights in Spinning Snow to Welcome Spring (Nu Ren Wo Zui Da Tender Spring Breeze, 2012)

This look is a reproduction following the steps as published in Taiwan's beauty magazine Nu Ren Wo Zui Da Tender Spring Breeze 2012.

There are many, many looks in the magazine, but on Page 40, Teacher Kevin, Taiwanese makeup artist, teaches ladies to get a translucent luminescent eyes  purity of Spring look, titled Floating Lights in Spinning Snow, to depict the scenery of light coming through and snow leaving. And I couldn't help trying it out because the model looks so alluring!

Apparently, I am doing this a bit late because Spring is almost over. But I thought this is a really extremely simple look for a simple party, so I wore this to none other than the ieat High Tea Session in my previous post. It turned out pretty good and refreshing in my opinion, so I decided to share this. =)

1st Attempt: I wanted to add "featuring Dior Addict Extreme in Cherie Bow", but gosh, the title is really too long. I absolutely feel the need to acknowledge the magazine first thing, so I have to forgo featuring Cherie Bow. But I will come back to review Dior Addict Extreme very soon because I've got more than one color.

And then I thought the grey used wasn't good enough, so I tried the same look a few more times using different greys and glittery white for the eyes that I have in my stash. I also tried a different blusher, and lipstick, instead of Dior Cherie Bow.

 2nd Attempt: I lined my eyes this time, found it isn't good. My lips were also too coral pink. I changed the blusher to a brighter pink.

Last Attempt: I used a lash lengthening base and a different mascara to get long lashes, and switched the lip color. I also changed the grey eyeshadow.

How to get the look:
The eyes are really simple to get.

1. Pat any pale grey eyeshadow all over your lids, do not go over the crease though. In fact, half to 3/4 the height of the lids will do, like that:


I used Pupa Multi-Effect Baked Eyeshadow Duo.


2. Apply high shimmer white shadow onto the inner corners of the lids. DO NOT cross the ball of your eyes or your eyes will look puffy, which you don't want.

I used the glitter from the other half of the PUPA shadow.
I did both grey and glitter using a pointed crease blending brush because a blending brush is generally less dense and doesn't packs so much shadow on, and that's what I want. Don't need to pat too much, as Spring look is just supposed to be very light.

3. Line the lower lash line with the same grey on the outer half, and the glitter on the inner half.

I used a chisel shader brush, as I find chisel shader brushes extremely good for packing thin lines. Using an eyeliner brush will do too.

4. I filled in my brows lightly with MUJI Automatic Brow Pencil in Brown. The instructions didn't say so, but the model's brows look lightly drawn too though.

Besides, my brows are really, really sparse, so I needed to casually fill them in to get the model's look. If your brows are thicker, you're really lucky, there is no need to. =)

4. Out of habit, I added highlighter on my brow bones too. This is not part of the instructions.

This was my first attempt. I used NveyEco's grey eyeshadow. The white glitter was too poor, so I thought I needed to try some other white glitter.

Last attempt: lots more glitter.

Curl lashes and put on mascara. Must use brown mascara to get this look. I tried black, and it turned out really bad.

From left to right: Bourjois Liner Effect in Brown, Canmake Curl styling, Le Metier de Beaute Crease Brush, M.A.C 128 Blush Brush, Sephora Chisel Shader Brush.

And then you will need to do the blush.

I used M.A.C 128 Duo-side-duo-fibre brush (from Extra Dimension collection 2012) to pat twice on thrice right on the apples of my cheeks, by smiling. The magazine recommends NARS in Gaiety, which is a bright candy pink).

I used Silkygirl's Single Blush in Flashing Rose. (I used Silkygirl's latest Trio blush in peach pink but found that pink too dark. Flashing Rose is closer to NARS Gaiety.)

And then I used my EcoTools Kabuki Brush to swirl out the edges. I learned this trick from Shisedo's sales assistant at Tangs Orchard. She taught me to put blush on the apples of the cheek by dotting on just a teeny weeny bit, and blend with circular motion up upwards.

This is crucial. This looks calls for the blush to be packed straight on the apple of the cheeks. I know many ladies out there put blusher on the brow bone, but if you read Nu Ren Wo Zui Da, there are actually 101 ways to apply blusher, and the correct way depends very much upon the look you're trying to portray. (Maybe one day I will dig out that issue of the magazine and scan it.)

When I read the instructions, I was doubting Teacher Kevin too, because I personally put blusher on the cheek bones. But now that I have followed the instructions to the T, I realize Teacher Kevin is right, because in this light Spring look, it is important to flush your face with cheek color as the grey tends to wash out the eyes even though there is luminescent white shadow.

First attempt: using Silkygirl's Blushing Trio in Rose Peach. Slightly too orange for this look.

More important still, the cheeks must have color straight up front because the lips have to be matte.

I doubted Teacher Kevin and tried using gloss, but the effect was quite disastrous.

For this look, the cheek and lip color has really got to be the same shade! Both must be the same type of pink, or it will just look awful.

More pink.

For the lips, get a matte pink nude lipstick and wear it. In my first attempt, I used Dior Addict Extreme in Cherie Bow.

For the last attempt, I used a lipliner from and put on M.A.C Ever Hip, which I find is a much nuder pink than Cherie Bow after I nude out my lips using the lipliner. Cherie Bow is too glossy because the moisturizing content. Ever Hip is definitely more matte.

Etude House lipliner in 07. M.A.C Ever Hip.

What I've learnt from this look:
It was hard finding a grey that suits me. Greys tend to wash me out. PUPA is just good because it is darker, and the glitter that comes with it is much more glittery. Shimmer shadows does not works for this look. (I've actually done this look another two times but they were so horrible I didn't take photos.)

Hard to find straight bright candy pinks that suit yellow tone skin. Thank goodness I have Silkgirl. I think their blush quality has gone up so much from the time I bought their blush duo and finished using it.

It is awfully hard to find a pink nude that covers my lips because my lips have very dark pigments. Use a lip liner that is close to your natural lip color to cover up your lip, and act as a whiter base for the lipstick color to show better.


Alright, that's all! Thank you for your time.

Smile,
Jyoan

Do you buy makeup guidebooks like Nu Ren Wo Zui Da? If yes, which title is it? Do you refer to them often? Have you tried following instructions in makeup guidebooks? How easy or difficult did you find it to be?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar