Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Philosophy turbo booster c powder review


I used to not believe in skin care and buy the cheapest good quality product I can find. All I was doing is cleansing and moisturizing, usually with a moisturizer by Avene, La Roche Posay or Vichy.

Lately I started reading the actual science behind skin care and found that once of the most universally loved ingredient, both by research and consumer review, was vitamin C. I started to research a serum that I could use underneath my sunscreen. Vitamin C helps protecting your skin against free radical and improve the efficiency of sunscreen. The thing is, most options out there are at least in the 40 euros range. I also had a couple of moisturizer without sunscreen to finish. This is why I decided to go for the Philosophy Turbo booster C powder which retails for 28 euros in Belgium.



The product comes in a little tinted glass bottle with a little spoon. It is made to be mixed with your serum or moisturizer. I personally like to mix it with a lightweight lotion. Philosophy recommends using half a spoon to a full spoon. Some people are a bit sensitive to the for of vitamin C used and I recommend starting with half a spoon and building it up. What is great about this product is that the form of vitamin C is stabalized and won't loose potency with time.

Active Ingredients 

The powder contains the following active ingredients:

- Ascorbic acid and panthenol, both form of vitamin C which are powerful antioxidant and can have a brightening effect on some people
- Zinc PCA, a skin-conditionning agent that can supress collagenase (an exyme that destroys the collagen in the skin). It can also help suppress excess oil
- Argine, an amino acid that has antioxydant properties and can help healing the skin
- Green tea extract another antioxidant
Aloe an humectant it helps bringing moisture to the skin.

Results

I've been using this powder for over two months and I can definitely see an improvement in my skin. My skin feels also very soft and firm and less dull. I stopped using it on vacation for two weeks and I saw an improvement right away when I used it again. 

I know 28 euros might be a lot of money for some of you, but it lasts forever. I'm not even half way through the bottle after using the powder everyday! 


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar