Little Buddy turned six yesterday! A big day for a big boy. He also shares this wonderful birthday with his sweet Uncle Don. They always send each other a video singing happy birthday, it is now a tradition.
This boy had so much fun. It started with a trip to the beach with Mr. 20. We have not been all year, I know it isn't that far but it is a big undertaking with a little one that can't walk by himself. No walker or canes on the beach, they won't work. I bought a new beach wagon and plopped him in it. I know they are for chairs and toys but you have to do what works. I did get a few looks, especially after it tipped over in the sand with him in it!
After lunch he had a great nap, and then it was time for dinner, presents and cake. He loved every minute of it. Aunt Claudie and Uncle Don got him some magic tricks, he was able to do one of them and was so pleased. He also got a new vacuum, Paw Patrol toys, and a new big wheel that I hope he can ride.
Did you know that six year olds will not smile for the camera? He simply refused all day, these were the best photos I could get, taken on the fly when he was not looking. He smiles all the time but not for the camera. Ah, six you might be more of a challenge than I thought!
To make the weekend even better a special jeep got delivered to our house. Little Buddy's teacher had a grant for the last two years to adapt special motorized toys for those kids in her class that have special needs. Her husband, Mr. Bill, is an engineer and adapts all sorts of things for kids who need them, including helping very involved children being able to drive their own electric wheelchairs. He adapted several vehicles that Little Buddy and others enjoyed during the school year. Little Buddy's teacher retired after this past school year and offered this jeep to Little Buddy to keep. We were speechless, and if you know me it takes a lot for me not to have any words! The jeep was delivered on Friday, the battery was charged up, Mr. Bill came over yesterday to fine tune things and now it works. He was out in it this morning in his pj's! What fun!!! There is a switch on the steering wheel that makes it go easy, peasy. I do think Little Buddy could use a gas petal but this works perfectly. He is so excited.
Today is the anniversary of Little Buddy's adoption. A very special day for my family because this is when he became legally ours. He has been a part of our family for three years, actually living here almost three and a half years, boy does time fly. You can read more about Little Buddy's adoption here and here. Some of you are new to this blog and might not know about our special boy. By the way welcome to this space, I am so glad to have you here.
Yesterday at the beach my older son said, "I think (Little Buddy) hit the jackpot when he got our family." I so agree, but I think we won the jackpot not him.
0 Yorumlar