Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

parley view parsnip. . . Arizona Inn

A visit to the Arizona Innis always a treat.
I have never stayed there but I have gone there for lunch 
and walk a bout several times.
In the 1930's, one arrived to Tucson, population 30,000, to stay for weeks or months 
at the Arizona Inn.
Isabella Greenway, the driving force behind the Arizona Inn was also the States first Congresswomen in the 1930's. The history of her and the Inn traverses Teddy Roosevelt and The Rough Riders,  starting companies to hire the disabled Veterans who came to Arizona for the healthy air after being gassed in the trenches of Europe. 
Even Franklin Roosevelt's whistle stop tour of the West and vacation for movie stars, 
is all part of Isabella Greenway and the Arizona Inn history.
The Inn is now surrounded by an ever growing mid town noisy Tucson.
But once you step into the Inn and the 14 landscaped acres 
you walk back into December 1930 
of quiet and beauty.
....
 These photos are from 8 January 2015

 .

 Everywhere you look is something wonderful to see.

 .

 . 

 Little treasures to entice the eyes around every corner.

 . 

 .

 .

 I just wanted to rip this light off the wall.
The little birds turn when there is a breeze.

 Kumquat envy.
My two trees were distroyed in the hard freeze 7 years ago.

 Yes please, I would love to play.
The chairs are quite comfy.

 . 

 .

 Huge olive and pepper trees everywhere.

.......
Here is your pretty to start the week

Daughters drawing of Watson in his Christmas Sweater !
Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson.
I just love this Gug Dug
yert !

pink. . . parsnip
music. . . Good Day Sunshine,  The Beatles

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar