Dan finishes work for a fortnight today, hooray!
I'm not taking time off from volunteering, mainly because I forgot to ask, but also because I think Dan wants to get out on his bike so he can do that when I'm out playing shops.
I have stretched and stretched my grocery budget this month, as we had no spare cash from the general budget so I've had to use the grocery money for other things as well as food, there is no money left at all. We have £5 of Nectar vouchers though which is a huge bonus. So I've tried to stretch what we have to make a few nice things for the weekend. It is pay day but I don't get my new grocery money until Tuesday and I don't want to dip into general money.
We are out of cereal, but have enough porridge, we are out of dried fruit and nuts but we have a few sunflower seeds. Dan will make some bread tomorrow. We are out of salad so yesterday I had to delve into the fridge to see what I could do. I used the last of the tahini and the final tin of chickpeas to make some houmous, chopped up a carrot and a red pepper to go with the few remaining tomatoes and some artichokes (89p from Home Bargains). There was just under half a cup of quinoa so I cooked that in some light miso and sriracha and added some roast veg and spinach plus a couple of chickpeas I held back from the houmous. Using some frozen chickpeas, half a pitta (it was huge so I only needed half for my lunch) and some of the harissa I made a while ago I made some falafel.
Last night we ate from the freezer, which is now almost empty, other than some berries that could be used to make a crumble if we fancy something for pud and some corn tortillas that I'll use tonight . Which reminds me, we're going to try making our own wheat tortillas next month. Today I'm going to attempt some soup, I think I'm going to try puy lentil and spinach from River Cottage. I can always find something to make a chilli or a curry so I think we'll eat that for the rest of the weekend and we'll have made it!
Long live the pantry!

0 Yorumlar