Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Alice Sweet Alice review

I rented Alice Sweet Alice(1977) through Blockbuster Online(one of the perks of being an employee, although I really want netflicks...shh don't tell) and I really liked it. It had that 70's horror movie feel which I always love. The cover alone is appealing with the knife stabbing the doll, and the creepy mask.



I liked the story a lot and was creeped out a few times. The movie features a young Brooke Shields as Karen, younger sister to Alice. Karen is your perfect little girl aiming to please her elders and succeeding in every way, from the adoring mother to the priest who gives her meaningful gifts. She can do no wrong, which seems to do nothing but annoy Alice.


Alice is a strange and rebellious child who is constantly getting herself into trouble. She also has mega creepy eyes. As Karen is getting ready for her first communion, she is murdered mysteriously in the back room of the church by a masked figure. We are to assume the masked figure is Alice because the mask is the same mask that Alice often plays in and the killer is also wearing the signature yellow school rain jacket. But throughout the film we are made to question who the actually killer is. Is it Alice, who without a doubt is definitely troubled and seems capable of harming others, or is someone else terrorizing the Spages' family.



One of my favorite things is the use of masks in this movie, specifically the clear mask which I personally have a few different varieties of. I know it is a basic cheap mask, but I feel like putting that mask on makes you instantly creepy.




On a side note the families neighbor downstairs, Alphonso, is very creepy for not really being an essential person in the movie. He gave me the chills every time I saw him. I felt like I could smell his disgusting apartment and the stain on his pants made me want to gag. eww.



Definitely a fun film that keeps you guessing.

P.S. I finally have my camera back after it was lost for 3 months so hopefully i'll have some fun pics up here soon!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar